On m/v Tere Moana’s European Voyages This Summer
BELLEVUE, WASH. – June 23, 2014 – Paul Gauguin Cruises (www.pgcruises.com), operator of the highest-rated and longest continually sailing luxury cruise ship in the South Pacific, the m/s Paul Gauguin, and the 88-guest m/v Tere Moana, offers a variety of shore excursions for food and wine connoisseurs this summer on 7-night European voyages.
During the summer, The Moana sails Nice to Rome, Athens to Venice, Venice to Rome, Lisbon to Barcelona, and Barcelona to Nice voyages. Winery tours, wine tastings, a local market tour, and multi-course dining with wine pairings are some of the optional excursions available:
- • Elba, Italy—Porto Azzurro & Wine Tasting at La Chiusa: Sample wine and olive oils at La Chiusa Winery, a historic wine estate visited by Napoleon Bonaparte, before exploring the charming seaside town of Porto Azzurro.
- • Hvar, Croatia—Wine Tasting Tour of Hvar: Enjoy wines from two of Croatia’s most distinguished winemakers, olive oil tastings, and a gourmet picnic lunch.
- • Palma de Mallorca, Spain—The Wine Cellars of Macià Batle: See wine cellars where ancient and contemporary winemaking traditions intersect. Take a tour of the winery, taste different wines, and savor local Mallorcan tapas.
- • Portofino, Italy—Olive Oil Tasting & Lunch at the Splendido Hotel: Pay an exclusive visit to this world-famous luxury hotel to learn about the many uses and varieties of olive oil, followed by a lunch of Italian specialties.
- • Porto Venere, Italy—Wine Tasting in Groppo: Discover winemaking secrets of the Cinque Terre region of Italy, which produces wines that are highly prized around the world. Then, visit an estate atop Groppo hill, and take a guided tour of the wine cellar and vineyards, before tasting three different varieties.
- • Sète, France—Montpellier & Aigues-Mortes with Lunch & Wine Tasting: Experience the scenic beauty and flavors of Montpellier, the walled city of Aigues-Mortes, and France’s Languedoc winemaking region. Dine at La Compagnie des Comptoirs restaurant for lunch before a wine tasting at a boutique winery near Sète.
- • Sète, France—Montpellier & Wine Tasting at Flaugergues: Explore Montpellier’s Old Town on a walking tour followed by a wine tasting at the Château Flaugergues private wine estate in France’s Languedoc region.
- • St. Tropez, France—Strolling in St. Tropez with Wine Tasting: Enjoy a scenic walking tour of St. Tropez followed by a wine class and wine tasting highlighting traditions of the region.
- • Villefranche, Nice—A Taste of Nice: Learn about the culinary history of Nice, famed for its street food, and taste French delicacies, sample a selection of olive oils, discover the secrets of French cheese, and visit an artisan pork butcher.
- • Zadar, Croatia—Wine Pairing at BIBICh Wine Cellar: Tour the vineyards and cellars of BIBICh winery, which produce some of the most celebrated wines in the country, before enjoying a six- to eight-course decadent lunch paired with wines.
Rates for culinary and wine excursions range from $109 to $489 per person. For a complete list of European shore excursions, descriptions, and fares, please visit www.pgcruises.com/excursions. Shore excursions are available for pre-booking 90 days prior to sailing by calling Paul Gauguin Cruises at 800-848-6172.
Guests of The Moana can also arrange private tours and services, customized to their needs and travel budgets, by calling Paul Gauguin Personalized Services (PGPS) at 800-305-5416 or by emailing PGPS@pgcruises.com. With hundreds of options to choose from, PGPS can coordinate air travel, accommodations, customized and private tours, and transfer packages for Moana guests.
Seven-night European voyages on The Moana start from $3,445 per person, based on double occupancy. For additional information, contact a Travel Professional, call 1-800-848-6172, or visit www.pgcruises.com.
Owned by Pacific Beachcomber S.C., French Polynesia’s leading luxury hotel and cruise operator, Paul Gauguin Cruises operates the 5+-star cruise ship, the 332-guest m/s Paul Gauguin, providing a deluxe cruise experience tailored to the unparalleled wonders of Tahiti, French Polynesia, the South Pacific, and Southeast Asia. It is one of the top exclusive charter and incentive group venues in the industry and has completed more than 570 South Pacific cruises, serving more than 176,250 guests, including more than 15,000 honeymooners, since its inaugural sail in 1998. The Gauguin’s accolades include recognition as “Top Small-Ship Cruise Line for Families” in Travel + Leisure’s 2013 “World’s Best Awards” and one of the “Top 20 Small Cruise Ships” in 2013 for the 15th year in a row by readers of Condé Nast Traveler.
In December 2012, the m/v Tere Moana began sailing under the Paul Gauguin Cruises banner after completing a multifaceted renovation and offers voyages in the Caribbean, Latin America, and Europe. At 330 feet long and 46 feet wide, The Moana has a draft of 11.5 feet and accommodates 88 guests with a staff of 62. In 2013, The Moana received “Best New Small Ship” and “Best Way to See the Greek Isles” in Cruisereport.com’s Editors’ Choice Awards.